How to Get Rid of Skunk Smell from my Animal?
It’s late one night and you’re letting your dog out to do his business before going to bed. You’re standing there half asleep when you realize Charlie is taking longer than usual. Then it hits you: the overpowering stench of skunk. It’s going to be a long night.
You try all the homemade recipes you can think of to get rid of the skunk smell from your dog: vinegar, tomato juice, peroxide… but nothing seems to work.
Don’t worry. Here is THE only recipe you need to remove skunk odor from your dog.
Be sure to do these first steps outside (Believe us: You don’t want to let that skunk smell inside your house).
How to Get Rid of Skunk Smell from animal
- Remove any excess yellow liquid skunk spray from your dog’s coat with a clean cloth. It's important to act quickly because skunk spray is highly corrosive and can cause serious burns to a dog’s tongue, mouth and throat. Even if your dog didn’t get sprayed directly in the face (it often happens), there’s a good chance it will try to lick off the spray. The last thing you need right now is an emergency visit to the vet. We recommend rinsing any areas of your pet's body where you can see this yellowish liquid at least three times with clean water.
- Generously spray Purodora Lab Skunk Odor Neutralizer for Pets (STEP 1) all over your dog. Apply enough to completely wet the dog’s coat. Be sure to also treat the dog’s head, which is usually the area that gets the brunt of the spray. Take care to avoid spraying your dog in the eyes, nose & mouth. Most people find it easier to dilute a clean cloth with Purodora Lab Skunk Odor Neutralizer for Pets (STEP 1) and carefully wipe the face. Massage the product deeply into the entire coat.
- Let the product work for 10-15 minutes. Do not rinse off. The dog can now go inside.
- Apply small amounts of Purodora Lab Pet Shampoo & Skunk Odor Neutralizer (STEP 2) to your dog’s entire coat, working it into a rich, thick lather. (If you’re not producing a thick lather, use more product.) Again, be sure to carefully clean your dog’s head. You can apply the product to the face with a clean wet cloth diluted with the shampoo.
- Let the product work for 20 minutes. If your dog had lots of skunk spray on its coat, you can leave the product on 10 minutes longer.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry the coat with a towel or hair dryer.
So long skunk smell!
It really is that quick and easy! With Skunk Odor Neutralizer for Pets and Pet Shampoo & Skunk Odor Neutralizer, the skunk smell will be gone from your animal in two shakes of a (skunk’s) tail!
Like products that are fast, effective and easy to use?
Get Purodora Lab products online or at one of our retailers near you! We recommend calling the store ahead of time to make sure it has the product you’re looking for in stock.
To find the retailer nearest you, click here.
Here’s to your pet smelling good again!
We work hard to make Purodora Lab odor neutralizers the best on the market. Got a question about our products or innovative odor-neutralizing molecular technology? Ask away! You can reach us at the contact info at the bottom of the page.