How to Get Rid of Dog Pee in Car
Being in a car that smells of cat or dog urine is no joy ride. If this is your first experience trying to remove pee smell from a vehicle, we will explain exactly how to eliminate the smell completely in just a few easy steps. Best of all, this method is safe for you, your pet and your car’s interior. And it works like a charm!
How to remove dog pee smell from car floors
- Simply spray Urine Odor Neutralizer on the urine.
- Allow to air dry.
How to remove dog pee smell from fabric car seats
Keep in mind that if your pet peed on your car’s fabric seats, the urine may have seeped into the cushion. Don’t sweat it. Here’s what you do:
- Mark a circle (using a string or thread) around the peed-on area. Make this circle a good 4 to 5 inches (10 to 12 cm) bigger than you think it needs to be to make sure you treat all of the urine.
- Inject Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer INTO the car seats with a syringe (it might sound crazy, but it works – we promise!). Press down on the cushion with your hand to help the syringe penetrate deeper.
- Start at the outer edge of the circle and work your way toward the center. Inject 1 tsp (5 ml) of product every 1 inch (2.5 cm) to make sure the product comes into contact with all of the urine.
- Lightly spray the surface of the car seat with Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer at a distance of about 4 inches (10 cm).
- Allow inside and surface of car seat to air dry. No need to rinse.
Alcohol-based products like Urine Odor Neutralizer can leave a dark ring on some colored fabrics where the dye has not set properly. No need to worry! Simply rub the fabric with a damp cloth and the stain will disappear immediately.
How to remove dog pee smell from leather car seats
You always need to proceed with caution before applying any product to leather car seats. Here’s how you can safely get rid of pee smells from leather car seats:
- Spray a small amount of Urine Odor Neutralizer on an inconspicuous area first to test product compatibility. If the leather doesn’t discolor, you’re good to proceed to step 2.
- Spray Urine Odor Neutralizer on a clean cloth and thoroughly clean the affected area.
- Wipe off any excess product with a damp cloth. Repeat as needed.
Also do these steps if the urine has seeped through the leather and into the car seat:
- Use a syringe and needle to inject the product into the cushion. To avoid damaging the leather, inject the needle only at the seams, working your way around the cushion.
- Push down on the cushion with your hand and angle the needle the best you can to reach the entire inside of the cushion. This will ensure the product comes into contact with all of the urine.
- Inject 1 tsp (5 ml) of Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer per injection.
- Allow inside and surface of cushion to air dry. Do not rinse.
- Repeat the above steps as needed until the urine smell is completely gone.
Why use Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer
- Gets rid of stubborn urine odors – even if they’ve been around for months or years
- Doesn’t mask odors like some other products; it neutralizes them completely on contact
- Easy to use – just spray/inject and walk away
- 1 treatment usually does the trick, but can be applied as needed
- Alcohol-based – neutralizes odors on contact and then quickly evaporates to leave surfaces dry
- Doesn’t cause cushions to mildew like enzyme or water-based products, even with regular use
- Safe for people, pets and the environment
- Can also be used on fabrics, wood and countless other surfaces that smell of urine – even in the car
- Leaves a fresh citrus scent
- Works equally well on human urine and all pet urine (dogs, horses, rodents, etc.)
So long dog pee smell in car!
Getting rid of strong dog pee smell in car is that quick and easy.
Like products that are fast, effective and easy to use?
Get Purodora Lab products online or at one of our retailers near you! We recommend calling the store ahead of time to make sure it has the product you’re looking for in stock.
To find the retailer nearest you, click here.
Here’s to your home smelling good again!
We work hard to make Purodora Lab odor neutralizers the best on the market. Got a question about our products or innovative odor-neutralizing molecular technology? Ask away! You can reach us at the contact info at the bottom of the page.