How to Get Rid of Dog Pee Smell in Sofa?
So that happened. You’re not alone -- we get calls from dog owners all the time, asking us how to get dog pee out of a leather or fabric sofa. The good news? We’ve got an easy solution that’s guaranteed to work. Once again, Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer to the rescue! It will get rid of any urine smell – no matter how intense or how old!
How to eliminate dog pee smell from sofas, armchairs and cushions
You can clean the sofa all you want, but chances are the dog urine has seeped below the surface and into the deep seat cushion. The only way to get 100% rid of the dog pee smell is by injecting the cushions with a dog urine odor neutralizer like Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer. It neutralizes the odor-causing molecules on contact. And because it’s alcohol-based, not water-based, it evaporates quickly. That means there’s no risk of mildew, which can happen with enzymatic or organic products.
How to remove dog urine smell from a fabric sofa
- Mark a circle (using a string or thread) around the peed-on area. Make this circle a good 4 to 5 inches (10 to 12 cm) bigger than you think it needs to be to make sure you treat all of the urine.
- Inject Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer INTO the sofa cushion with a syringe (it might sound crazy, but it works – we promise!). Press down on the cushion with your hand to help the syringe penetrate deeper.
- Start at the outer edge of the circle and work your way toward the center. Inject 1 tsp (5 ml) of product every 1 inch (2.5 cm) to make sure the product comes into contact with all of the urine.
- Lightly spray the surface of the cushion with Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer at a distance of about 4 inches (10 cm).
- Allow inside and surface of cushion to air dry. No need to rinse.
Alcohol-based products like Urine Odor Neutralizer can leave a dark ring on some colored fabrics where the dye has not set properly. No need to worry! Simply rub the fabric with a damp cloth and the stain will disappear immediately.
How to remove dog urine smell from a leather sofa
Leather makes a great odor absorber so several treatments may be needed. Don’t give up – Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer will eventually get 100% rid of the smell.
Make sure your sofa is actually leather, and not imitation leather.
If it’s real leather: Proceed with caution. Test a non-visible section of the couch first to ensure product compatibility.
If it’s imitation leather: Proceed with extreme caution. Alcohol-based products like Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer can discolor some types of imitation leather. Test a non-visible section of the couch first to ensure product compatibility.
If the product is compatible, treat the sofa as follows:
- Spray Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer on a clean cloth and gently rub the affected area.
- Allow surface to air dry.
- Remove any excess product with a damp cloth.
Also do these steps if the urine has seeped through the leather and into the cushion:
- Use a syringe and needle to inject the product into the cushion. To avoid damaging the leather, inject the needle only at the seams, working your way around the cushion.
- Push down on the cushion with your hand and angle the needle the best you can to reach the entire inside of the cushion. This will ensure the product comes into contact with all of the urine.
- Inject 1 tsp (5 ml) of Urine Odor Neutralizer per injection.
- Allow inside and surface of cushion to air dry. Do not rinse.
- Repeat the above steps as needed until the urine smell is completely gone.
And that’s it – your fabric or leather sofa no longer smells of dog urine!
When treating leather, it’s always better to do several treatments using a small quantity of product than a single treatment using a large quantity of product.
Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer leaves behind a fresh scent that can linger for days. If you are easily bothered by scents, we recommend you ventilate the room when treating surfaces with this product.
Why use Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer
- Gets rid of stubborn urine odors – even if they’ve been around for months or years
- Doesn’t mask odors like some other products; it neutralizes them completely on contact
- Easy to use – just spray/inject and walk away
- 1 treatment usually does the trick, but can be applied as needed
- Alcohol-based – neutralizes odors on contact and then quickly evaporates to leave surfaces dry
- Doesn’t cause cushions to mildew like enzyme or water-based products, even with regular use
- Safe for people, pets and the environment
- Can also be used on fabrics, wood and countless other surfaces that smell of urine – even in the car
- Leaves a fresh citrus scent
- Works equally well on human urine and all pet urine (dogs, horses, rodents, etc.)
So long dog pee smell on sofas, armchairs and other thick cushions!
Getting rid of strong dog pee smell on sofas, armchairs and other thick cushions really is that quick and easy.
Like products that are fast, effective and easy to use?
Get Purodora Lab products online or at one of our retailers near you! We recommend calling the store ahead of time to make sure it has the product you’re looking for in stock.
To find the retailer nearest you, click here.
Here’s to your home smelling good again!
We work hard to make Purodora Lab odor neutralizers the best on the market. Got a question about our products or innovative odor-neutralizing molecular technology? Ask away! You can reach us at the contact info at the bottom of the page."