How to Get Cat Pee Out of Mattress
So Mr. Tinkles just did his business on your bed and now your mattress reeks of cat pee? Don’t get mad – or blow your budget on a new mattress. Purodora Lab has a cheap and easy solution for getting rid of cat urine smell completely. Best of all? This technique even works on urine that’s MONTHS old.
How to eliminate cat pee smell from mattresses, sofas and cushions
You can clean the mattress all you want, but chances are the cat urine has seeped below the surface. The only way to get 100% rid of the cat pee smell is with a cat urine odor neutralizer like Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer.
To get cat pee smell out of thick cushions and mattresses
- Mark a circle (using a string or thread) around the peed-on area. Make this circle a good 4 to 5 inches (10 to 12 cm) bigger than you think it needs to be to make sure you treat all of the urine.
- Inject Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer INTO the mattress or cushion with a syringe (it might sound crazy, but it works – we promise!).
- Start at the outer edge of the circle and work your way toward the center. Inject 1 tsp (5 ml) of product every 1 inch (2.5 cm) to make sure the product comes into contact with all of the urine.
- Lightly spray the surface of the mattress or cushion with Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer.
- Allow mattress/cushion to air dry. No need to rinse.
And that’s it – your mattress, sofa or cushion no longer smells of cat urine!
Alcohol-based products like Urine Odor Neutralizer can leave a dark ring on some colored fabrics where the dye has not set properly. No need to worry! Simply rub the fabric with a damp cloth and the stain will disappear immediately.
Urine Odor Neutralizer leaves behind a fresh scent that can linger for days. If you are easily bothered by scents, we recommend you ventilate the room when treating surfaces with this product.
Why use Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer
- Gets rid of stubborn urine odors – even if they’ve been around for months or years!
- Doesn’t mask odors like some other products; it neutralizes them completely on contact
- Easy to use – just spray/inject and walk away
- 1 treatment usually does the trick, but can be applied as needed
- Alcohol-based – neutralizes odors on contact and then evaporates quickly to leave surfaces dry
- Doesn’t cause cushions to mildew like enzyme or water-based products, even with regular use
- Safe for people, pets and the environment
- Can also be used on fabrics, wood and countless other surfaces that smell of urine – even in the car
- Leaves a fresh citrus scent
- Works equally well on human urine and all pet urine (dogs, horses, rodents, etc.)
So long cat pee smell on mattresses and cushions!
Getting rid of strong cat pee smell on mattresses and other thick cushions really is that quick and easy.
Like products that are fast, effective and easy to use?
Get Purodora Lab products online or at one of our retailers near you! We recommend calling the store ahead of time to make sure it has the product you’re looking for in stock.
To find the retailer nearest you, click here.
Get to the source of the problem
Cats are instinctively clean and will rarely do their business anywhere other than in their litter box, unless they have reason to do so. If urinating outside the litter box becomes a recurring problem, you might want to take a closer look at your cat’s behavior to see if there’s an underlying issue. It could be a medical condition that’s causing your cat to lose bladder control – or simply a change in its daily routine. If in doubt about your cat’s health, consult a veterinarian, just to be sure!
Here’s to your home smelling good again!
We work hard to make Purodora Lab odor neutralizers the best on the market. Got a question about our products or innovative odor-neutralizing molecular technology? Ask away! You can reach us at the contact info at the bottom of the page.