How to Get Rid of the Smell of Rodents and Reptiles Pee?
Isn’t it funny how such a cute and cuddly animal can produce such a big, bad smell? Wince no more. This cage cleaning technique will stop your pet’s cage from smelling like urine once and for all. (Excrement, too). Best of all, it only takes 10 minutes and is safe for you and your small animal – whether it’s a mouse, hamster, ferret, snake…
To eliminate rodents and reptiles pee smell from cages
- Empty the cage.
- Spray the entire inside of box with Purodora Lab Small Animal Cage Cleaner & Odor Neutralizer.
- Leave the product on for 10 minutes so that it can penetrate into the pores of the plastic, then rinse off with water.
- Dry the cage and add new litter.
To eliminate rodents and reptiles pee smell from concrete floors, walls, decks, etc.
- First clean the concrete with Purodora Lab Hard, Non-Porous Surfaces Disinfectant and Animal Odor Neutralizer. Mix ½ cup of product in 1 gallon (4 L) of lukewarm water and wash floor.
- Allow floor to air dry or use a heater.
- When floor is dry, spray the area the animal urinated on with Urine Odor Neutralizer.
- Ventilate the room and allow surface to air dry. Do not rinse off.
To get rodents and reptiles pee smell out of ceramic, slate or porcelain tiles
- Transfer Urine Odor Neutralizer to a squirt bottle and apply directly to grout.
- Wipe off any excess product with a damp cloth.
- Allow grout to air dry. No need to rinse.
To get rodents and reptiles pee smell out of wood floors
- Transfer Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer to a squirt bottle and squirt directly at the space between each board.
- If the urine is also along the bottom of the wall, squirt the product behind the baseboard trim.
- Wipe off any excess product with a damp cloth. Be sure to do this step because the excess product could interact with the floor varnish.
- Allow the surface to air dry. No need to rinse. Purodora Lab Urine Odor Neutralizer will quickly evaporate without causing the wood to swell.
- Urine Odor Neutralizer needs to come into direct contact with the urine to neutralize the odor. If you notice any lingering pee smell a few days later, it means you missed some of the urine. Simply repeat the treatment wherever you smell urine.
So long stinky small animal cages!
All Purodora Lab Small Animal Cage Cleaner & Odor Neutralizer leaves behind is a fresh scent that doesn’t bother rodents or reptiles.
Getting rid of the strong smell in your small animal cage really is that quick and easy.
Like products that are fast, effective and easy to use?
Get Purodora Lab products online or at one of our retailers near you! We recommend calling the store ahead of time to make sure it has the product you’re looking for in stock.
To find the retailer nearest you, click here.
Here’s to your home smelling good again!
We work hard to make Purodora Lab odor neutralizers the best on the market. Got a question about our products or innovative odor-neutralizing molecular technology? Ask away! You can reach us at the contact info at the bottom of the page.