A dog is a man’s best friend. Until it pees on the carpet, that is. Getting rid of dog urine smell from carpets can be tough. But it doesn’t have to be costly. Or damaging to your carpet. Here’s a proven solution that safely gets even old dog urine smell out of carpets – including thick carpet with an underlay.
Best product to clean dog pee from carpets
We recommend the alcohol-based odor neutralizer Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer. Here’s why:
- It’s easy to use and it neutralizes the smell of any animal urine.
- Unlike other products that temporarily mask animal urine odor, it eliminates the odor permanently.
- It won’t discolor carpets.
- It’s safe for people and pets.
- It’s not enzyme-based. That means it works even on urine that has been soaked into the carpet for years.
Cleaning up dog urine isn’t enough.
You need to neutralize it.
People are often tempted to try a home-made solution using the products they have on hand, such as vinegar and baking soda, or soda water. Proceed with caution as mixing these household items can sometimes discolor carpets. And if you decide to call in the big guns and hire a carpet cleaning expert, make sure their cleaning products contain animal urine odor neutralizing agents. Otherwise, you’ll never fully get the dog pee smell out of your carpet and you’ll be spending your money for nothing.
How to clean dog pee from a carpet – step-by-step instructions
Here’s how to safely completely eliminate dog urine smell from any carpet – high pile, low pile, with underlay – you name it!
- String off the area where the dog peed on the carpet. Make the circle 4 to 5 inches (10 to 12 cm) bigger than the visible stain to make sure you get ALL of the urine.
- Neutralize the dog pee smell in the carpet with Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer.
Getting dog pee smell out of a thin carpet
- Simply spray Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer directly on the area where your pet urinated.
- Let it work for a few minutes and repeat if needed.
Getting dog pee smell out of a thick carpet
- Use a syringe to inject Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer all the way into the base of the carpet fibers where the urine has pooled. Start by working from the outside of the circle inward, injecting 10 cc of Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer at 1-inch (2.5-cm) intervals.
- Generously spray the entire surface of the circle with Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer.
- Let it work for a few minutes and repeat as needed.
What to do if Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer leaves a dark ring on fabrics
Alcohol-based products like Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer can leave a dark ring on some colored fabrics where the dye has not set properly. No need to worry! Simply rub the fabric with a damp cloth and the stain will immediately disappear.
How to get old dog pee smell out of a carpet
If you’re dealing with an old pee stain – or if your pet has urinated on the same spot several times – it’s possible the urine has seeped all the way into the carpet underlay or even the wood base underneath. Be sure to treat this area as well, not just the surface of the carpet.
Pee happens. Be ready.
Rare is the dog that has never had an accident. Buy Purodora Urine Odor Neutralizer today so that if your dog goes on the carpet all of a sudden, you’ll be able to act right away. You and your family will be glad you did!
Get rid of any odor problem