The Administrative Assistant reports to the President & CEO ans is responsible for the following main tasks:
General accounting (35%)
- Validate and enter customer and supplier invoices in Sage accounting software;
- Enter customer payments;
- Send account statements at the end of each month;
- Prepare and follow up on purchase orders for suppliers and receive purchases;
- Issue checks to supplier and have them approved, signed and mailed;
- Prepare monthly reports as required;
- Prepare employee payroll on a weekly basis.
Sales and customer service (35%)
- Answer phone calls and redirect them to the right people as required;
- Greet customers, answer their questions and take orders;
- Manage customer orders from our web platforms (company website and Amazon online store);
- Arrange the preparation and pickup of orders with our carriers of choice;
- Handle customer complaints, such as products damaged during shipping;
- Ensure that the customer experience before, during and after the sale meets the company's standards and values.
Administrative support (30%)
- Collaborate with internal team members to support company needs and activities and ensure the appropriate follow-up;
- Participate in team meetings as well as those with the immediate supervisor and ensure the appropriate follow-up;
- Support the President in developing or updating the company's communication tools (working in Power Point, Word, Excel, etc.);
- Maintain the filing of administrative documents;
- Open and close employee administrative files;
- Manage and maintain a sufficient inventory of office supplies (e.g. stationery, coffee, etc.);
- Perform all other tasks assigned by the immediate superior, in line with the company's mission, visions and values.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Customer service-oriented approach;
- Thoroughness and concern producing quality work;
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively;
- Able to work autonomously and follow-up on results;
- Able to analyze and synthesize;
- Integrity, discretion and respect for confidentiality;
- Enthusiastic, open-minded and creative;
- Able to work harmoniously in a multidisciplinary team;
- Curious, innovative and solutions-oriented;
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Vocational diploma or diploma of collegial studies (DEP or DEC) in office automation or accounting;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position;
- Mastery of the MS Office suite;
- Knowledge of Sage software;
- Fluency in French, spoken and written (5/5);
- Knowledge of English, spoken and written (3/5).
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Permanent position, days, 37.5 hours/week;
- Dynamic work environment with a family culture;
- Rapidly growing company.
Think you're the right person for the job or want to know more? Contact Marc-André Monette at 1-877-820-2746 ext. 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org