Kitchen can get smelly. It’s easy for food odors to get trapped in kitchen surfaces such as fabrics or flooring – or even the range hood. If you’ve already tried using an air freshener to eliminate kitchen smells, then you already know that these products only mask odors temporarily. Here are the three most common kitchen odors and how to get rid of any odor for good.
How to get rid of a burnt smell in the kitchen
Got distracted and burned supper? We’ve all been there. But now you’ve got a strong burnt smell in your kitchen. To make matters worse, burnt odors can seep into everything – range hoods, ventilation ducts, fabrics, etc. – and linger there for days, weeks even.
Here’s our top tip for removing remove burnt smells in a kitchen the easy way:
To clean hard kitchen surfaces that smell like smoke:
- Dilute ½ cups (120 ml) of Smoke Odor Neutralizer for Hard Surfaces in 1 gallon (4 L) of water.
- Use this solution to clean:
- The backsplash/ceramic tiles around your stove.
- The filters of your range hood (you can also soak them in the solution for one hour).
- The kitchen floors, walls and cabinets (especially good idea if the burnt smell is really strong).
Smoke Odor Neutralizer for Hard Surfaces is a great neutral cleaner that eliminates smoke odors on contact.
To clean fabric surfaces in a kitchen that smell like smoke:
- Spray Smoke Odor Neutralizer for Fabrics directly on kitchen curtains or carpets.
- Allow surface to air dry; no rinsing required.
Even the air in your kitchen smells like smoke?
- Spray Smoke Odor Neutralizer for Fabrics on a cloth and hang it over a floor or table fan.
- Leave the fan running for one hour in each room that has a bad smell.
How to get rid of spoiled food smell in a fridge
Left food in your fridge or freezer a little too long? Here’s how you can get rid of rotten food smells completely:
- Unplug the fridge or freezer and empty it out.
- Spray the entire inside with Garbage Bin & Container Odor Neutralizer.
- Let product work for 15 minutes, then wipe away with a clean cloth.
- Mix a capful of bleach with half a bucket of warm water and rinse the inside of the refrigerator or freezer two or three times. This will completely remove the smell of odor neutralizer.
- Wipe the inside of the fridge or freezer with a dry cloth and plug it back in. You can now restock it.
How to get rid of a fishy smell in the kitchen
Don’t waste your time with air fresheners or room fragrances. The only way to get rid of fishy smells in a kitchen is with an odor neutralizer.
Here is a no-fail method for quickly eliminating the smell of fish or cooking food:
- Spray the filters of the range hood (no need to rinse afterward) with Smoke Odor Neutralizer for Fabrics.
- Also spray the product on a cloth and hang it over a floor or table fan.
- Leave the fan running for one hour in each room that smells fishy.
Fish smell really strong?
You may need to respray the air or surfaces a couple of times to get rid of the smell completely. But don’t worry – it really does work!
Smoke Odor Neutralizer for Fabrics gets rid if all types of food and cooking odors trapped in the ambient air and on fabric surfaces such as upholstered furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, etc. Because it’s an alcohol-based odor neutralizer, it evaporates quickly and won’t stain fabrics, Nor will it cause mold on fabrics, which can happen with water-based products.